Artificial intelligence and machine learning are now used by companies of all industries and sizes. What is more: all solutions used have positive effects. Intelligent technologies like these support the digital transformation of companies and are becoming more and more important.
SAP provides basic functionalities for the development of modern AI solutions with the SAP Business Technology Platform. The portfolio (formerly also known as SAP Leonardo) includes numerous innovative technologies, such as AI, ML, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data or Blockchain. The platform provides application developers with comprehensive functions and a wide development environment they can use to enhance, integrate and create innovative applications themselves within the shortest of time and without any infrastructure maintenance efforts. Companies enormously strengthen their innovative power through intelligent functions.
Your benefits by implementing intelligent SAP technologies
- Smooth integration of AI applications
- Easy adjustment, enhancement, optimization and automation of processes
- Simplified and faster work flows
- Data-driven services can be provided immediately
- Detailed forecasts and, consequently, faster decision making on a strong data basis
- Creation of new data-based business models
- Improved adaptability to market changes
- Increased competitiveness and efficiency
- Directly measurable added value through cost reduction and time saving
Artificial intelligence and machine learning as innovation driver
What does “artificial intelligence” mean? Artificial Intelligence (AI) means the capacity of machines and systems to imitate human behavior in order to simulate intelligent behavior. It is either the fulfillment of specific tasks, such as advertizing personalization (applied AI), or more comprehensive activities, where, for instance, entire systems or devices completely imitate human behavior (general AI).
Contrary to many opinions, Machine Learning (ML) is not the same as AI. It is part of artificial intelligence focusing on algorithms and mathematic models. Samuel Arthur, a pioneer in the field of AI, described ML as “the ability of a system to learn without being explicitly programmed”. This intelligence is “trained” in such a way that it can solve any occurring problems by itself by developing the appropriate AI algorithms. The bigger the dataset and the number of sources, the more successful AI technology will be.
Overview of SAP intelligent technologies
- Conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI or CI) includes the entirety of intelligent technologies standing behind automated message transmission and voice-activated applications. They enable human-like interactions between computers and humans. As a result, users will be guided and supported in their daily business.
- Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (IRPA) is the combination of RPA, ML and AI. Tasks, such as the processing of messages and orders or the execution of data transfers, are assigned to digital robots or “bots” as they are called. These bots efficiently implement time-consuming and repeating processes.
- Internet of Things (IoT) means the networking of devices, machines and installations with and through the Internet. Sensor data transferred in real time increase the transparency of business processes. Decisions based on this data will be made proactively and more quickly.
- Machine Learning (ML) is part of artificial intelligence. IT systems (machine learning models) are trained on the basis of existing datasets and algorithms enabling them to identify patterns and rules and use them to develop results by themselves. In this way, business decisions are optimized or even made automatically.
Business Innovation Portfolio by FIS for your intelligent company
Usually, self-learning technologies, such as ML, become relevant if applications cannot be optimized or developed in a rules-based way. The FIS professionals work every day on testing and further developing innovations by using ML, RPA or bots. FIS, for instance, enhances its own products through the use of machine learning or further develops customer-specific ideas and proposals.
Further methods and technologies for application development
Why not enter the path to becoming an intelligent company together with FIS and the long-standing know-how of the FIS IT professionals? Each of your business areas has innovations that are waiting for the starting signal. Please contact the experts directly when it comes to successfully and jointly integrating intelligent technologies in your company.