Within warehouse logistics, the following functions are executed:
- Goods receipt processes, such as inbound delivery, putaway and storage of own and external goods
- Storage of materials at storage bin
- Picking and packing of goods
- Planning and controlling of goods transport and movement within the warehouse, e.g. via automatic conveyor system
- Goods issue from the warehouse
Digital inventory management enables automated and accelerated processes. Moreover, an SAP solution ensures higher transparency and improves warehouse management processes due to real-time data and more quickly available information.
The FIS portfolio includes comprehensive expertise when it comes to implementing SAP EWM (Extended Warehouse Management), Stock Room Management or LES/WM (Logistics Execution System). This service is complemented by additional field-tested optimizations going beyond SAP standard.
The FIS/ewm+ project accelerator as well as the enhancement functions of the FIS/smw consulting solution increase the convenience and efficiency of all activities within warehouse management and logistics. FIS/ewm+ enables the quick implementation of the complex SAP EWM warehouse management system. On the other hand, FIS/smw provides enhancement functions for facilitating SAP Stock Room Management or LES/WM for small and medium-sized warehouses in particular.
Moreover, numerous additional developments, i.e. the Rapid Deployment Functions by FIS, ensure a sustainable and effective relief of the customers’ logistic cost structure. This overview lists some individual components that can be implemented separately:
- Express delivery service provider interface for reducing freight costs
- Packing monitor for cross-delivery packing
- Empties cockpit for processing empties and returnable packaging
- Returns cockpit for time-saving and optimized returns processing
Beyond the warehouse, FIS is also responsible for the introduction of SAP Transportation Management (SAP TM). The software handles tasks such as automated transport planning and execution, optimizes the flow of goods and reduces transport costs. The great added value lies in the continuous connection to all relevant logistics processes and IT systems, such as SAP EWM or your ERP system. FIS is your partner for SAP supply chain execution and the integration of all upstream and downstream systems and processes.