The complexity of production processes is constantly growing and poses constantly increasing requirements to production planning. Be it material availability, capacity requirements planning or the close links with other corporate divisions: without the efficient networking of individual processes, a company will lose its competitiveness. An innovative solution to this problem is the implementation of SAP S/4HANA Manufacturing.
The SAP S/4HANA Production Planning is your basis for the full network of all production processes. By means of the real-time mapping of planning and controlling processes, this software solution offers ideal conditions for well-founded planning and high flexibility so that you will be best prepared for just-in-time and just-in-sequence deliveries. In addition, the communication of production with other SAP management solutions optimizes the software efficiency.
You still know the SAP solution for production planning as “SAP PP”?
SAP has combined the PP module under S/4HANA in the Production or Manufacturing division. PP will no longer be maintained under SAP ERP ECC 6.0 from 2028 or 2030. Prepare yourself in time for the S/4HANA transition. The experienced IT consultants from FIS will be happy to assist you.
Your benefit through SAP S/4HANA manufacturing
- Production of particularly small batch sizes (e.g. batch size 1) possible by means of variant configuration
- Real-time analyses provide immediate information in the event of production problems and indicate the causes
- Shorter production throughput times ensure more satisfied customers
- Data-based simulations of the production allow to check possible effects on the planning activities in advance
Functions of production planning with SAP
The functions described represent only a selection of the comprehensive range of services of SAP S/4HANA Manufacturing. The SAP specialists at FIS will be pleased to inform you in detail.
- Automated production controlling
- Capacity requirements planning: optimum utilization of production capacities
- Sequence control: the order prioritization at full production capacity avoids bottlenecks
- Program planning: determination of type and quantity of the products within individual planning periods
- Scheduling: the definition of the start and finish dates of individual worksteps enables you, for instance, to place small order projects around a big project and, consequently, to optimize utilization
- Material staging by just-in-time or just-in-sequence delivery reduces the capital invested
- Determination of manufacturing process: multiple manufacturing processes can be mastered, such as multilevel productions, repetitive manufacturing or make-to-order production
- Quality inspection during production using SAP Quality Management
What you need to know about SAP S/4HANA
Optimized processes for your production
Prepare for the future with the introduction of SAP S/4HANA and optimize your production. FIS is your competent partner for production planning with SAP S/4HANA. Stay competitive and get fit for Industry 4.0 through optimal networking. The specialists from FIS introduce your individual SAP solution across all sectors. For detailed information, contact the FIS consultants by phone or e-mail.