Within warehouse logistics, the following functions are executed:
- Goods receipt processes, such as inbound delivery, putaway and storage of own and external goods
- Storage of materials at storage bin
- Picking and packing of goods
- Planning and controlling of goods transport and movement within the warehouse, e.g. via automatic conveyor system
- Goods issue from the warehouse
Digital inventory management enables automated and accelerated processes. Moreover, an SAP solution ensures higher transparency and improves warehouse management processes due to real-time data and more quickly available information.
The FIS portfolio includes comprehensive expertise when it comes to implementing SAP EWM (Extended Warehouse Management) or LES/WM (Logistics Execution System). This service is complemented by additional field-tested optimizations going beyond SAP standard. The FIS/ewm+ project accelerator as well as the enhancement functions of the FIS/smw consulting solution increase the convenience and efficiency of all activities within warehouse management and logistics. FIS/ewm+ enables the quick implementation of the complex SAP EWM warehouse management system. On the other hand, FIS/smw provides enhancement functions for facilitating SAP LES/WM for small and medium-sized warehouses in particular.
Moreover, numerous additional developments, i.e. the Rapid Deployment Functions by FIS, ensure a sustainable and effective relief of the customers’ logistic cost structure. This overview lists some individual components that can be implemented separately:
- Express delivery service provider interface for reducing freight costs
- Packing monitor for cross-delivery packing
- Empties cockpit for processing empties and returnable packaging
- Returns cockpit for time-saving and optimized returns processing